The username in Minecraft is used by players to identify other players in the game. The name you choose is not limited, you can choose the one that you like. The main thing is that it should be unique and not be repeated.
Very often, players are faced with a situation where their old nickname does not suit, but how to change the nickname in Minecraft they do not know. This article will help you change your nickname at any time to the right one for you.
How to Change Minecraft Account Name
- The first way is to download a variety of programs that allow you to change your Minecraft player’s name in the game. The advantage is the full automation of the process, and the disadvantage is the possible danger of such programs for your computer.
- The second way involves changing the game files by yourself.
To do this, you will need an archiver (normal WinRar will do), any HEX-editor available to you, and also a little patience and desire to understand.
Perform the following actions:
- with the help of the search on the computer, we find the file «minecraft.jar» and open it using the archiver (do not forget to make a copy just in case);
- we find in the jar-archive folder «client» (on the way «net\minecraft\»), where we see «minecraftApplet.class» file. To edit it, we needed a HEX editor;
- open the file, find the line of “00000530” in the column on the left is your current nickname and the number in front of him, meaning your nickname length in characters;
- change the nickname and number, then save it.
Having figured out how to change the nickname in the Minecraft, you can choose the one that suits you right now, without unnecessary problems.
If these methods do not suit you, then you can change the nickname in the game in another way.
- First, we need to show hidden files. For Windows 7 – go to Start, Control Panel, Appearance and Personalization, show hidden files and folders in the pop-up window leaf through down and remove the checkbox to not show hidden files and packs.
- Then we go along this path – Documents and Settings/User/Applicationdata/.minecraft.
- Now you need to go to the bin folder and find the «minecraft.jar» file in it and unzip it. The program WinRAR or other archiver is okay.
The newly created Minecraft folder is renamed to «minecraft.jar» beforehand, first change the name of the same file to another. Then we need to go to the net/minecraft/client there will be a file – MinecraftApplet.class open its usual notebook and looking in the text – player. Once you find it, just change it to the desired nickname.
Also, it is possible to change the name without using different editors and archivers. It is enough just to go to the official website of the game.
You cannot change the username if less than 30 days have elapsed since the account was created. Also, the username can only be changed once every 30 days. Keep in mind that the username cannot be the same as the name that the other player chose.
If you change the name of the character (in the game), the profile name (on the Minecraft website) remains the same.
- First, go to the Mojang website in your browser. Find the “Account” button and click on it. This tab is at the top right of the page.
- Click Login. This button is at the top right of the page. If you are already logged in, skip this and the next two steps.
- Enter your credentials. Enter the e-mail address and password in the appropriate lines. Click on “Login”. This is the green button at the bottom of the page.
- Find the “Profile Name” section. It is located in the middle of the page. Click on “Change”. This link is located to the right of the current user name. In the text box at the top of the page, enter a new name. In the “Password” line at the bottom of the page, enter the password that you use to log into your Minecraft account.
- Click on “Change name”. This option is at the bottom of the page. The username will be changed; you will see it when you log into your Minecraft account on a computer running Windows or Mac OS X. Remember that the username can only be changed once every 30 days. The old username will be available for 37 days, that is, you have a week to change the new username to the old one (if needed).
How to Check Minecraft Name
Above is a way to change the name when it is unique. But, nevertheless, there are cases when the name is already occupied by another player. In this case, the system will not allow you to use the same name, and you will have to come up with a new one. To avoid such a situation, it is possible to check the availability of the name in the game. You can exploit checker in that case.
To do this, when creating or changing the name, click «Check availability». This is the gray button to the right of the text field with the profile name. The system will check if this name is occupied by another user; if not, the message «username is available» will be displayed. If the player’s name is occupied, the message «username is used» will be displayed. In this case, enter a different user name and click «Check availability».
How to Change Your Name in Minecraft PC
If you change the player’s tag, it will be noticeable in Minecraft PE and/or the console version of the game. Keep in mind that the player tag can only be changed a limited number of times and you may have to pay for it.